Posted , 4 users are following.
First of all I thank you for taking the time to read my post.
BACKGROUND: I'm a 23 y/old female, i weigh around 51 kgs and am 171 m tall, I am a student and I practice sports twice a week, with no history of gastric reflux before now. I did have anorexia when I was 16 to 18, but my gastric problems only showed up two months ago. It all started after a straining work/school rhythm that I had where I drank a lot of coffee, tea and soda due to the fact that I constantly needed caffeine to stay up.
It all started with a weird sinus headache and nausea that wouldnt go, about two months ago. After checking with the ENT and a GI specialist (through gastroscopy) it was concluded that I have gastritis-erymatheous and esophagitis grade A borderline B on LA scale. I did a 20 day round of omperazole before all of this with my family doctor which I believe made me sicker and with which I had really bad side effects.
Fast forward to today, I've been on Pantoprazole twice a day 40mg, Domperidone twice a day. I feel like everything has improved in a certain way. And that I am more capable of doing things, since my really aggressive stomach-headaches (located in forehead and temples) have disappeared. the only symptom i can't seem to get rid of is the fatigue, feeling of hunger and nausea.
I want to add that I did an MRI (all normal), a blood test (slightly high levels of cholesterol that runs in my family and slight, again genetic, anemia) that did not show any serious or alarming levels.
The reason why I am writing to you, is because I have a few questions which I'll list down below, so it's easier for you to answer:
1. Will I ever be able to consume alcohol, or smoke cigarettes, or even drink tea again? If i do it now, I usually feel horrible the day after.
2. Why does my nausea not stop? How can I make it stop and is this related to my reflux?
3. Why do I feel fatigued? are the ppis causing deficiencies I should be taking care of? And is there a diet that you could reccomend that would put me on the path of healing? lol
4. Is constant yawning related to GERD? especially after meals
5. I tend to feel better on my bed rather than sitting. When I sit on the chair in front of the dining table for instance I start getting dizzy and feeling nauseous. Is this normal?
6. Is anxiety and stress related to all of this? Does crying affect stomach acids? I am in the process of getting out of a very stressful period of my life (finals, master applications, relationship problems, other things) and I feel like this may have affected it.
7. Do you ever feel like your jaw is stiff and the taste in your mouth is sour? again, is this GERD related?
8. Will I ever be normal again? I just miss feeling normal and being able to eat meals without having the anxiety of feeling bad an hour later, i truly miss it.
thank you so much for the help, I am grateful. And sorry for my strange English, it is in fact my mother tongue, but I have been living in a foreign country for about a decade now.
0 likes, 9 replies