Gerd/silent reflux symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I was diagnosed with silent reflux after having chest pains arm pain sore throat lump in throat and acid vomiting

The docs want me to have endoscope and h pylori test so I've had to come off lansoprozle and gaviscon it's been a week exactly today at first I was fine had slight softer stools but nothing major I was visiting relatives in Yarmouth so I was eating more and worrying less today tho I've had some strange symptoms an I wanted to know if it's related to the reflux or medications I've had the acid coming up in bile form but I've also had tingly lips and my left leg had trembles when standing for a hour or so I had to go lie down as it was worrying me a little I've also had dry mouth and a numb feeling under my chin these all seem such random things that I'm having trouble guessing what it might be hoping someone can help

Little info on me

Thyroid removal 2009 on levothyroxine 175

Appendix surgery march 2015 fairly new

Just had a awful cold runny nose headache sore glands coughing with clear phlegm and sneezing coming out of the worse still have cough quite bad

I know I'm clutching at straws but I'm hoping someone will say well yeah that's defo the reflux or the meds leaving your body or maybe a thyroid expert that will say hey sounds like your medication isn't working

I know it's a lot to ask an that no ones a doctor or can replace a doctors advice etc but you guys are a great bunch an go through this every day whereas docs jus read a medical book lol feel free to say it's anxiety if that's what it sounds like also ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Samantha,ย 

I have had an endoscopy in the past and they found H pylori. ย 

I've lost track of the different things i have felt during my reflux times. From neck pain, head pain, arms aches, pain in chest, stomach pain, throat pain, swollen tonsils. Bloating of the stomach. I noticed when i used to eat wheat or starch my stomach would bloat almost instantly, when i quit, it reduced that bloating feeling. There are lots of things that can affect the nervous system too, salt being a big one.

I recently made a post called, "How I kicked Reflux and GERD after 14 years on and off." Look it up, there maybe some snippets of information that may help you.

thanks smile

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I also suffer from bloating bad I lost 7 stone from this ( lack of a better word ) disease but still look 8 months pregnant after food very frustrating

It's amazing how much this can affect and I wonder sometimes how much the body can take before giving up when this first began I thought I was seriously dying how can acid be this cruel I ask myself daily it's amazing how much it can affect from headaches to sinus issues to chest pains an vomiting I thought I had been through the worse didn't think that it could affect legs or facial numbness it's horrendous

Thank u for the reply I shall look up your post smile

• Posted

Hi Samantha, you are right, it could be any of what you have mentioned therefore if it continues to be bothersome you must go to your GP. I do however thing that the cough you are now left with together with the bile is due to you not taking your lansaprazole. Lansaprazole neutralises your stomach acids and as you are not taking it, the bile will make you cough and also give you a sore throat. The tingling and numbness in your mouth will probably also be connected as I get this symptom too. Regarding your Levothyroxine levels, ask your GP for a blood test to make sure you are on the correct dose still - always worth checking and will also give you peace of mind. How much longer do you have to wait for your endoscopy? Hope all goes well for you x
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying endoscope is in a few weeks it's reassuring to know others suffer similar although it's awful that you have to go through it I think it may be stoping the meds and side effects today I am very unwell severe diarrhoea and I thought a short walk would help but I became very dizzy and hot actually had a very scary moment where I toppled a bit so I'm back home and back in bed lol doctors can't c me till next Friday and it's frustrating because I feel very unwell guess I will have to wait and c if I get any worse and make a emergency pit stop ๐Ÿ˜ƒ the face numbness is new I hope it doesn't stick around it's frightening an awful lol thank you so much for your reply x
    • Posted

You are welcome Samantha and I wish you better. Yes, if it continues and you have a temperature call emergency doc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.