GERD Symptoms???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had symptoms for 3 years but never thought of anything of it tell I got more symptoms lately,going to make a drs appointment. I constantly have to clear my throat feel like something is stuck in it, I have lots of mucous especially in the morning but it stays all day, I'm nauses on and off for 3 years. I have a red painless throat that I think just started a couple weeks ago but I'm not exactly sure because I just noticed it a few weeks ago, and lately about 2 times a week I have been getting heart burn.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yeah sounds like Gerd. Get Gaviscon Advance and take a tablespoon after everything you eat, see if it helps. 

• Posted

I got zantac and instantly after I took the pill I felt better. So I have a feeling it's that

• Posted

That sounds like LPR actually, not GERD. 
    • Posted

LPR is easy way to describe LARYNGOPHARYNGEAL REFLUX also known as silent reflux. Google LPR for more info.
    • Posted

Hey Brittany, try doing a low-acid, alkaline diet for 2 weeks. Be strict on that diet and see if it helps. Mainly because it sounds like your LEs and UES are damaged a bit so they need time to heal. (UES means Upper Esophageal Sphincter and LES means Lower Esophageal Sphincter). Also, don't eat dinner 4 hours before bedtime because past 5 o'clock the LES gets weaker and relaxes more. The latest I would say you should eat is 7 o'clock. After these 2 weeks on the diet,you can try introducing more foods and see if they trigger any reflux. 

• Posted

Thank you smile I will definitely give that a go today! I'm terrible with night time eating, I really got to try get out of that habit.

• Posted

I suffer from reflux and the feeling that there is too much mucous in my throat. What helps with the mucous is taking an allergy med. I know that sounds weird, but I take one every morning and it keeps my throat clear and comfortable for the duration of the day.
    • Posted

I would like to know what allergy med you are taking that seems to relieve the mucous problem.

Thanks

• Posted

I take a medication called Zyrtec (cetirizine HCI antihistamine). I use 10mg liquid gels, which have been way more effective because they last the full duration of the day. If you buy the dry decongestants, they sometimes wear off in the middle of the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.