GERD very bad after gallbladder removal surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone!

I had my gallbladder removed 11 days ago and unfortunately feeling terrible. I have been having issues with my stomach since march. i was referred to a GI dr and had an endoscopy september 1st which showed gastritis and duodenitis. They also did the bravo capsule to check for excess acid which i did have a significant amount. Ive been on carafate and dexilant since march and take gi cocktail when needed. Once i went thru all of that my GI dr sent me for a hida scan since i was not having much success with meds. Hida scan showed my gallbladder was only functioning 13%. So had my gallbladder removed on october 7th and some days feel very nauseous. Last night ate a chick fil a sandwich and was up all night with my chest and stomach burning and having issues breathing which was my original symptoms before surgery. My surgeon had said i could go back to eating whatever but id say im not going to be able to. My anxiety is so high right now because im wondering if my symptoms all a long were from the gastritis and ive went thru gallbladder surgery for no reason. I go back to the surgeon thursday for my post op appt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.