Get down alot

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone I get down a lot with having rehutamoid arthritis then with both my knees not good that I need two new ones but am still young now having type 2 diabetes which is getting to me I keep going toilet loads but it just comes on quick that sometimes it catches me out and I feel so useless am scarred people would laugh at me if it happens while am out and about don't know what do sorry for going on Mick x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My husband was able to stop taking his metformin by changing his diet. His A1C went down too. We basically follow Dr. Mark Human's books. It is simular to paleo. You have to think of it as a life style not a diet. Exercise is important too. Regarding bathroom situation. Wear protection when you go out. That's better than getting in a jam.

I was able to ride my recumbent bike when I couldn't walk very far. Go to a good orthopedic doctor regarding knees. I was 58 when I had mine done.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Mick.

i have had both my knees replaced and i dont have pain in my knees any more its great as my knees were bone on bone mine is osteoarthritous i have it in my hands as well.

go and see your GP to refer you to your local hospital and see the orthopedic surgeon and he will tell you if you need to have them replaced .

as for the toilet thing you can get something to protect you so it wont be embarrassing for you when you are out.

hope this helps and good luck.

carol.

• Posted

thank you Carol how long did it take for you to recover from having your knees done hun as and the toilet thing does get to me a lot I just feel like crying

• Posted

A friend of mine was having problems which I think included one similar to yours. After all sorts of investigations they discovered the problem lay with his back! Don't ask me how, I don't know. But he has physio treatment, and a physiotherapist who told him he would never get back to what he used to be able to do, but he would recover and be able to do many things he did before, and would find ways to live which didn't make the problems flare up again. He was a contractor and did lots of heavy tasks, although he liked the more creative ones best. Now he works when he can, and picks and chooses, fortunately he's able to do that. He repaired some drywall in my son's house recently, and he's going to do some built in cabinetry for me. As long as he's very careful and makes sure he looks after himself he seems to be doing very well. But it took a long time before the cause of his problem was found. I don't know how old he is now, quite a bit younger than me, but probably older than you. Maybe 50ish?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your comment I hope your friend is ok but thank you so much mick

• Posted

They will put a catheter in during the operation and can leave it in for the rest of your stay.

• Posted

I think we all get down a lot and it's good to talk about it an hopefully get some support. What does your doctor say---sounds like you need to try a different medication or add another Make sure the doc is aware of what is happening

Occas I take a mild pill for anxiety and had been on med for depression to help deal with all of this. I did stop taking it awhile ago

At any rate, wear something so you feel like you won't have to be worried about an accident while you are out Best wishes, know we are here to help and support you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.