Get everything in writing

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am applying for PIP. They sent me a form and I rang them and got an extension until 20th April by which the form had to be back to them.

I received a letter from them this morning claiming that the form had to be in by original date of 26th March, so I rang them and explained I had an extension.

OK it happened to me and I knew what to do about it but imagine that happening to someone who is already suffering a lot of stress and anxiety about the whole process.

I have now asked for the extension date to be given to me in writing which they said they would do.

If they have made this mistake already and I have not even sent the form back to them yet I dread to think what is yet going to happen!!!

This advice applies to everyone GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Sarah

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It was most likely an automated letter that you received about the form being returned by that date. If you've ask for an extension of time is given then they add a note to the computer but the computer won't detect the note when automatically sending out letters. I've had reminder letters before and when i've rang to confirm my extension i've been told yes, there's note on the computer.

Just want to check with you, are you 100% sure they agreed to that length of extension? Usually for PIP they will give a maximum 14 days Unless you have extremely good reason why you need longer than that.

• Posted

Thanks for your concern Denise. Yes they extended it because I could not get an appointment with CAB until 13th April.

Sarah

• Posted

They have given me my extension date in writing. Success so far.

Sarah

• Posted

I applied for an extension which I gor from pip ..which was 14 days..when I asked Coul I have it in writing please...the lady said sorry we don't send letters out to confirm. It automatically goes onto their computer. ..Rules must be different in Northern Ireland.

• Posted

Usually it's the same here in the UK, which was why i was surprised that Sarah got given a much longer extension and they agreed to put it in writing, which normally they don't do for extensions.

I just hope they do want they say they're going to do.

• Posted

So do I denise. ..they tell you anything to get rid of you lol😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Sorry I meant to say they were originally only going to give me a 2 week extension.

Then I told them that I could not see CAB till 13th April and suggested a date of 20th April to which they immediately said fine. IF YOU DON'T ASK YOU DON'T GET.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.