2 Replies

• Posted

Completely agree with you on this, theres a lot of food intolerances that cause the same symptoms as ME and you can be chronically ill from. I had about 15 symptoms matching ME and diagnosed with ME but all along it was a severe milk intolerance. Obviously its not the be all and end all and not the cure for this horrible illness in general but I think its a good test to do. I would'nt just get tested for celiac exclusively, I would get a thorough nutritional test done because if you intolerant to one thing its likely there will be other foods you are intolerant to and it would be pointless cutting just one food group out if others are affecting you aswel. 

• Posted

I agree general food intolerance should be tested but please remember there is more than one type of gluten intolerance. I tested negative to celiac but the antibodies that cause problems for celiacs attack my brain instead. I too was wrongly diagnosed with ME. Thankfully I have now got my life back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.