Getting a fistulotomy on the 20th (dec) and super anxious about the healing process

Posted , 1 user is following.

(Once I'm in surgery my doctor might decide to do an advancement flap instead, but he thinks the fistula is shallow/simple enough that a fistulotomy is the best choice.) What I'm mainly worried about is what the healing process will be like and how my anus will look after it's healed. There are very few pictures of the procedure online and I haven't found any of the healed result. The abscess that caused the fistula healed to the point of no drainage/blood 3 weeks after the incision and drainage. If anyone can give me more detailed information about what the recovery will be like from a fistulotomy or direct me somewhere with pictures I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.