Getting an erection hurts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I’m 13 (sorry for being so young) but I’ve got a question. I can’t just go around asking my friends “does it hurt when you get a boner” so I’ll ask the Internet. I was circumcised at birth (poor me, no joke) and I hate it. My penis always gets rug-burnt from my underwear rubbing on my head when I run (I’m in track) and everyonce in a while I will get an erection. But when I do, it hurts it’s like where the circumcision scar is it’s just holding it back so it stretches and hurts so bad. I don’t like the feeling. I thought boners were supposed to feel good? Or aren’t they. Please help, thanks!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good evening James.  They are not suppose to hurt.  When did they do the circumcision.  Is your father around.  Take to him.  He will be able to help you or if he can't he can get you to go see the doctor.  What type of under ware do you ware.  Maybe you need a jock strap to keep you more secure.  Ken    

• Posted

Hello, Ken. Thank you for responding. I was circumcised at birth. I wear the soft Gilden underwear, so you would think it wouldn’t hurt as much. My dad says he will bring it up to the doctor when we go but that’s not until September. 

• Posted

Why so long.  I ware them to.  Small world.  They have never bother me.  Both my sons ware boxers and I ware briefs.  Does your father think there is a problem.  Tell him everything that is want a Father is for to help his sons out  Take care  Ken 
    • Posted

James  I read your post again.  Me and my 2 sons are circumcised we have never had a problem.  Maybe were they did the cutting they left a little piece attached.  It was most likely like that when you were younger.  Now that your older that is when the problem came up.  please try to get in earlier to the doctor  ken  
  • Posted

I'm feeling very sorry that you have this issue. I wish boys were never circumcised as babies. It isn't necessary and I see it as a breach of their human rights. However, I know that parents didn't intend harm when they had it done. I'm not circumcised, but I'm sure erections on circumcised men and boys only hurt when there's something wrong. Have you tried any creams to either moisturize or desensitize around the problem area? If you don't want to talk to a relative or friend, how about asking a pharmacist for advice?

The only consolation I can immediately offer is that at 13 we are at our most sensitive. As we age everything dulls gradually in that area (in my experience at age 67).

• Posted

Maybe your Dad can help you get some cream that helps softening and stretching of your penis skin. In UK we have to get a doctor's prescription usually, but maybe it's different in the US?

• Posted

I can't say I've shared your experience. I was circumcised at birth and never had any issues even with cotton underwear. My erections only hurt when they are straining against my underwear with nowhere to expand to. If you were circumcised correctly, there is nothing "holding it back" or stretching that wouldn't stretch on every other penis during erection. You definitely need the doctor to take a look to figure it out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.