Getting anxious and tired of worrying

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 7 months I have been having problems with my heart. I'm 23 years olds with asthma and a type 1 diabetic. Im slightly overweight but not obese. My diabetes has always been very well under control. In high school and university I made mistakes and got into drinking and drugs. Almost OD'd twice on coke. This happened about 10 months ago. I then stupidly did more a couple months later and had a scary arrhythmia while driving. I was told it was probably my body telling me to stop and that is was being overworked. Since then I have quit. When I went into the hospital with the apparent overdose they did all the usual stuff and my results came back normal. Then after the arrhythmia I was told I might have something called WPW. However I went to the ER last week with sharp stabbing chest pains and they kept me monitored for 6 hours plus took my blood and did a chest x ray all normal again. I'm being told my hearts fine even with all the drug use and that I just need to stop which I have. I just cant shake the feeling that something's wrong. I am on prevacid for acid reflux which also occured after all of this. Could the pains just be from that? When I exercise I'm not out of breath and I also dont get any swelling in my ankles or legs. No history of heart disease in the family either. Here are the symptoms I get:

Pain in fingers and toes

Sharp chest Pains left side near armpit

Weird heart beat that feels like long and has trouble contracting

Irregular pulse in both neck and arm

Pain that spreads to back

Strong stomach pulsations

Sharp pains in the shoulders and arms

Breathlessness when I have an episode usually after eating

Feels like my heart is vibrating

Erratic pulse that stops and then returns to normal and then repeats

I am seeing a cardiologist in 3 weeks but cant stop worrying about this. If anyone has any suggestions or can help that would be great.

Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a d-dimer blood test?

• Posted

I have not. I should mention I also had an abdominal ultrasound which came back normal as well.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will book an appointment with my doctor to ask for a d dimer test. Another thing I noticed is it happens after eating. At least recently that has been a trigger. I'm getting severe mid back pain and a racing heart after heavy meals. Particularly breads and pasta. Pretty gross burps as well. 'm wondering if it could be celiac now? I am diabetic which makes the odds greater and my dad is gluten intolerant but not a celiac. Do you think that could potentially be it ?

• Posted

I'm questioning it being anything with the heart because I never have center chest pain or really any chest pain at all. It's more the stomach pulsations, the fuzzy heart beat and the pain near my arm pit. But it's never directly on my chest.

• Posted

there is a blood test for coeliac if you are worried about that. Also get your mineral and vitamin levels tested, if you are deficient in something it can lead to problems. A hiatus hernia can cause palpitations and foods like bread, pasta, potatoes can get stuck sometimes or come back up. When you eat, chew your food slowly and only eat little forkfuls at a time. Look up hiatus hernia heart palpitations because I think it sounds like that is what you may have. Ask to change your ppi to esomeprazole/nexium it is so much better than lansoprazole.

• Posted

I appreciate you responding and helping me out. I'm seeing my doctor in 3 days so I will ask about these tests. You think nexium would be better then prevacid ? Like better for acid reflux?

• Posted

yes it is much better, I have had reflux for years and I have tried nearly all the PPIs and definitely nexium is best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.