Getting Back to Life

Posted , 7 users are following.

For the last two days I have been outside cutting trees down in my backyard.  Today everything in my body hurts except for my new hip.  It actually feels good to have pain somewhere else besides my hip...It is amazing what these doctors can do with bad joints.

6 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm 7 months post op.  I've had family visiting this past week and we've been doing a lot of sightseeing.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my hip didn't hurt at all.  My other body part ached a little for all the walking, but not my hip or surrounding areasmile

Glad to hear that you are doing well!!

• Posted

It is so nice to be able to do things we take for granted like walking.  I'm glad you are doing so well too!!!

• Posted

Retaining one's independence is so important, glad you are doing OK. I suspect that I've got an uphill struggle ahead of me rather worse than a straight hip replacement!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

No, three days ago my twenty years old hip failed but first my new local hospital have to find out from a different health authority what prosthesis was used back then and if a replacement poly can be obtained what is the best way of replacing it. If that is a non starter then my failed prosthesis will have to be removed before a replacement can be put back in. With present hospital waiting times and being a fit 75year old I'm apprehensive!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Sorry to hear that but hopefuly they can replace it without to much pain for you.
    • Posted

John many thanks. The waiting will the hardest part.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Yes John it's great & really pleasing to hear you're doing so well.  I hope you go from strength to strength.  Ray

• Posted

That's great John. ? ! Good confidence builder for us all that we can get back to doing ordinary things. Thankyou for sharing . Hilary

• Posted

John

If you've been in your backyard, I imagine you're in the USA. We in the UK are curently experiencing storm Doris and though it's not very strong where I am it has had part of a tree down taking out some of my fence. So i'll be out with the chainsaw, though I think I'll wait until the wind drops.

Mike

• Posted

Michael you wimp<G>   Been down to the Solent this morning and it all looks pretty rough though no trees down to cut up so I will have to forgo that pleasure, mind you handling a chainsaw on crutches would be out of the question!   On the iwalk it would be possible but not with a shot hip joint!

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Yes I am in the USA, Indiana to be exact.  The weather has been in the upper 60's all week and feels like Spring.  I just had to get outside and do something productive.  Hope the storms leave little damage for you, and if you are still on crutches I would suggest waiting before using the chainsaw....lol

• Posted

Not on crutches yet. My stage 1 is on 22nd March so until then I'm reasonably mobile.

Tree sawn into log sized lengths just need to split it all and put it in the wood store. But now it's raining and I'm still a wimp <G>

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.