Getting brain zaps

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking 300mg of effexor for as long as I can remember and now all of a sudden I am experiencing brain zaps normally associated with withdrawal. I have not cut my dosage and cannot figure out why I getting brain zaps.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello, wanted to know what zaps were, so did some reading, and think theyre the jolts i would sometimes get, when i first started on ven, and other anti depressants. havent had they for a while. seems like its not exactly known why they happen, but do when starting or withdrawing from certain medications. it said they are nothing to worry about. perhaps youve been more anxious recently, which might explain why, as you get more anxious when starting or withdrawing. pretty sure its anxiety related. dont think you need to worry about zaps, more a case of trying to tell if youre more anxious or not, and if so, why? think it will be difficult to find out exactly why theyre happening? hopefully theyll stop. not sure if this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Nigel, I have had them before when trying to taper off or missing my dosage but curious as to why I am having them now when nothing has changed. Maybe you are right about the add anxiety aspect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.