Getting Closer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well if any of you have been following along with my threads and posts I have mentioned I am going to need another surgery. I finally heard back from the Dr. he reviewed my lab results but he still feels ( maybe its a gut feeling ?? ) I may have an infection. Yesterday afternoon he called me and he wants me to see him Thursday morning to have some fluid taken out to be checked. I think he mentioned something about white blood cell count?? Based on the findings ( and boy do I hope there is no infection !!! ) I am looking at 2 options. The easy one fingers crossed no infection then I just need a revision however if there is an infection ( life will suck ) I will need 2 surgeries. The first one he needs to take out the current prosthesis and put a spacer in and I will have to have a PICC line for the antibiotics 2X a day for 6 weeks. ( I have had one before these are absolutely no fun period ). After the 6 weeks the spacer comes out and the hopefully last prosthesis goes in. So pretty much my summer is almost over it all depens on the lab results and when I can have the surgery.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear! You really are going through the mill!

Here's hoping it's not infection & you get your revision.

Have you had a cold or something which would mean you body is fighting something? It might account for raised white blood cells??

I hope you get the outcome you want.

Keep us posted

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

🤞 Fingers crossed that you don't have an infection.  

Keep us posted.  

• Posted

Isn't life great I bet no one in there right mind would want to have a knee like. For that matter its my own knee!!! and I still do not want it. Anyone interested in a trade???

• Posted

cannot type and think at the same time. I meant to write have a knee like mine?? Typing is not one of my attributes.
  • Posted

Best wishes for a successful outcome for your knee!
  • Posted

Had some fluid taken out today based on the findings will determine how much fun I will be having. I asked the Dr. how long it would take to find out the results on of the tests I will know by tomorrow the other will take 2 weeks. He said said sometimes it takes longer for some cultures to grow and one week is not long enough. So far I must admit this Dr. this Dr. is very thorough. I hope I am wrong but I have a gut feeling I have an infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.