Getting dizzy in low oxygen environments.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Before I begin, I am 26 years old, athlete, and software engineer(so I sit a lot but also do sport).

So I had a neck pain 3 months ago and it was not healing but didn't give too much attention. It was around 1.5 months ago that I started getting dizzy and losing focus. The pain was still there. I thought that my neck pain was the reason for this. I started doing physio and after 3 session I feel much better and the pain is almost going away.

However after the third session, although neck wise I was feeling good, but I was dealing with some fast heart beats and tiredness all the time. Recently, I was in a room with windows closed, I had difficulty breathing and was going to faint, I went and opened a window and started drinking water. I had this same issue 1.5 months ago so I am guessing it's not related to the neck. It's scary, I'll be talking listening and suddenly I feel I am losing focus.

I am guessing I am not receiving enough oxygen and I feel that. One of the reason I am thinking about is my nose. I feel it is very bad and I need to check it. Whenever I play sport it always runs water like fluid. Whenever I eat, I feel liquid in my throat. I am guessing it is filling up my lungs and whenever I sleep I am not getting enough oxygen. I want to check up my nose eventually. Can this be a possible cause? Physically I don't feel I have other issues.

Anyway, I will also do blood test if I have something. I would appreciate if you have any opinion in this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If I were you I'd get an urgent appointment with your doctor

• Posted

These sound like panic attacks. Are you an anxious person? You could try yoga and also try, say twice a day slowing you breathing and exhaling and breathing as deep as possible. for say 3 breaths.

Your nasal problem sounds like post nasal drip made worse by anxiety. Try an OTC saline nasal spray,but not a steroid as that can make your nose bleed.

Your doctor may want to check your BP .

• Posted

I think the problem was my sugar level has dropped a lot. I was feeling tired the whole time for 3 days. Yesterday ate sugary foods and suddenly I got all productive. Let's see the upcoming couple of days.

• Posted

But I agree, I am worrying a lot maybe making the situation far worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.