Getting dressed while in an ankle cast or boot!

Posted , 5 users are following.

This will sound a bit superficial, but what do you wear when you're in a cast, especially in the first few weeks? Being in nightclothes all day can't be good psychologically.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was in a cast during the winter. I mostly wore pajamas and exercise/leisure pants. I didn't have much that would fit over my cast. I bought extra pairs of leggings and cut the cast side to go right above my cast. Not tons of options unfortunately.

• Posted

I was in plaster throughout the months of May and June.  Thankfully, the UK experienced record-breaking temperatures including several heatwaves.  Luckily, I was able  to wear shorts for the whole time.  I was also able to sit in the garden for 2 months, and enjoy the rare hot weather!

I often think what a totally difference experience it would have been, if I’d had my accident in the winter months.  Thinking about the clothing situation, and going stir crazy inside the house.

• Posted

Thanks for your responses. I'm looking at winter, unfortunately.

• Posted

I bought a couple of pairs of trousers with removable sections that made them into shorts. I unzipped the lower section of one side so that I could step i to them. Worked very well for me.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Yoga pants are about to become your new best friends (the wide legged ones). Amazon has quite a few that are under $20 and you can keep a stash on hand. If you can borrow some men's sweats, those tend to be soft and have wider legs too (to make it over the cast/boot). Maxi dresses and maxi skirts are also very easy to slip in and out of. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.