Getting even more anxious

Posted , 9 users are following.

How many people are taking Effexor for anxiety? This is my 4th week on 225 mg and I'm finding it very stimulating/activating e.g I feel very shaky, jittery, nauseous and nervous... not the way I want to feel when I'm trying to treat anxiety 😞

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been on venlafaxine for 18 years + give it time you will be fine regards Michael

• Posted

Hi Michael

What dose are you on? I too have been on Venlafaxine for about 17 years. I started on 75 mg then 150 mg with 15 Mirtazapine. Then I was increased to 225 mg. However I have seen another doctor because I have had quite a few falls. She has put me back to 150 mg as she thinks the high dose could be something to do with the falls. Also I have high BP and she also said Ven isn't good with that I know I read it somewhere.

I just wondered if you are on a high dose and how you are on Ven

Pat

• Posted

Hi Michael,

so you dont find it weird that i'm so bad 4 weeks in on an increase?

can you tell me your story, please?

• Posted

hi pat I was on 225 ven and 50 mert . I have stopped the mert now and I am on 150 ven only . it's only been 2 days so see how things go . I wish I was off it altogether pat . best wishes Mike

• Posted

many years ago in 2000 I lost my business . which my late father and I built up . in 2003 I lost my wife to cancer . and in 2004 my son suffered a massive heart attack and passed away . that's a very short description of what turned me into a nervous wreck . a nervous breakdown. and a 6 week spell in hospital . that is when all my deppres ion. started and 18 years on I'm still that nervous wreck of a man ...

• Posted

Oh Michael what an awful time you have had. No wonder you got depression ! There is no reason for me to be depressed. I sometimes wish there were as then I could understand why I still feel off after all these years.

• Posted

Hey, not sure I can offer much advice but can certainly sympathise! I was started on 75mg of venlafaxine 3 weeks ago for anxiety and depression, and I felt incredibly restless and jittery the first week, constantly feeling like I'd had way too much coffee. Nausea was bad for me too but that went away after a week (still got no appetite though). The energy rush and jittery caffeinated feeling I had went away after the first week too, but I'm still feeling very restless and irritable and bored of everything, even things I usually enjoy.

From what I've read, it's definitely worth sticking with it, hard as it is. So many people say that this is a really effective drug, and I've heard people say it took as much as 10 weeks to feel the benefit. I'm not giving up until I'm 100% sure that it isn't working, because I don't want to be back to how I was and wondering 'what if I stuck with it just a bit longer?'

Good luck, I hope you start feeling better soon! xx

• Posted

dear stephanie,

has it heloed you in any way and what are you taking it for, please?

• Posted

this is my second day moving up from 37.5 to 75. for anxiety. how long after raising the dose does anxiety get less

• Posted

Hi Lynn

How long did it take for u to start feeling better from going from 37.5 to75?

i am 2 weeks in that raised dose and am feeling extremely tired and anxious in the mornings still

• Posted

Stephanie, are you tired at all after that jittery feeling ended? I'm scared that i will get super tired when my body adapts to the medicine (i have that jittery feeling all the time now). Thankyou and best of luck!

• Posted

I've been on 150mg for 5 weeks and the last week i am very jittery 24/7 with anxiety, my mood has been elevated quite a bit though and i really hope it stays that way, hopefully my anxiety will go away in a few weeks! Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.