getting fatter and fatter!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I cannont STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!! no matter how i watch what i eat i am gaining weight!!! last week watched what i ate and i gained 2 lbs. it is so upsetting because i am always hungary and it is so hard to watch and to gain weight i am so depressed right now!! My dr tells me just to watch and does not help me at all. dr says all my blood work is good to eat high fiber that will fill me up well it does not it only makes me go to the bathroom more!!! I just dont know what to do anymore i totally HATE the way i look and i am so embaressed to go out. Wish i was done with all this bs stuff!! I truly just want to curl up and cry!!!! thanks for letting me vent

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I too have put weight on. Not a massive amount but my clothes are beginning to get tight. I exercise daily and watch what I eat. Years ago I went on the mini pill and I put lots of weight on, my doctor told me progesterone is the "hungry hormone" so maybe ur progesterone is elevated or are you on the mini pill, mirena, depo Etc? I used to attend slimming world and the consultant was really helpful with the ladies who were Menopausal, the plan is really easy to follow and there are some delicious recipes. Maybe give it a try, you'll also no doubt meet other ladies in your situation. X
  • Posted

Hi Kathy. I know exactly how you feel. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and went straight into menopause. I have been taking hrt and I've gained over a stone in weight even though I'm mindful of my diet. I too have tried slimming world and lost weight bit just plateaud after a while so I've just started calorie counting. It's good to have the odd vent every now and again. chin up, you're not on your own and I'm sure you're lovely even with those couple of extra pounds x
  • Posted

I cut my portions by half and it didn't make any difference. I put all my good clothes in the loft hoping that one day I will get back to my usual size.

I lost 6 lbs since starting HRT but even so I have a long way to go.

Started at just under 8 stone now 10 and a half.

All of my clothes were nice quality but since I started putting on weight I don't have any interest and didn't know how big I was going to be so now shop in primark.

• Posted

Hi Kathy, You are not alone, we are all in the same boat.  Unfortunately my Dr told me that because of hormonal changes affecting your metabolism, the average woman gains 5kg during menopause, no matter how hard you watch your weight and diet.  Bloody depressing!!  On a positive note, both my mother and grandmother lost considerable weight once they got past their mid 50's with out doing anything.  All the women in my family are biggish and I am hoping the same thing happens for me....that the weight will just drop off in a few years time.  In the mean time I continue to watch what I eat, try and exercise (which is not easy at all) and pray that this nightmare will be over soon.

• Posted

You took every word right from my mouth!!! Same exact issues with me. sad
  • Posted

Same here, and I also have Crohn's disease, so eating lots of fiber is not an option because it brings on flare-ups.  I'm ready to throw out my scale!
  • Posted

Try eating protein little and often instead, that will keep the hunger pangs off, keep meals small, we tend to gain the weight due to hunger pangs, and how it affects our sugar levels, so we get chocolate cravings, or anything sweet!! if we do over eat, with the loss of testosterone and progesterone, these two hormones keep weight off our middles, so if we gain during perimenopause it will go straight on our middles, and will be very hard to get it off, but it can be done just takes longer to get it off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.