Getting Fed Up Now

Posted , 15 users are following.

It's 6 weeks today since my surgery, Im getting so frustrated and wondering if I will ever be normal again, well as normal as normal can be. My foot is still very swollen across the bridge and around the scar. My scar stings to the extreme, still getting the most weird sensations on the scar like tasering,  I'm getting also sorts of twinges in my foot and toes. To be honest I never experienced pain with my bunion, but they insisted that I had it done due to the toe twisting.  My toe is still cocked up. Just want it all to feel like it did before the surgery, can't bear the thought of feeling like this forever! When can I drive? Im nervous about driving. How long can I expect it to go on like this, want to be able to have a dance for New Year but right now I feel like hiding away forever cry

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had both feet done 1stfoot October 11th ..2nd foot November 29th .I knew it would take along time to heal that's why I cried so long before I had them done.It's been very stressful since I haven't been able to work .Very emotional surgery. I do believe it will be worth it.I couldn't hardly walk after working all day before procedures.First foot is in a tennis shoe still hurts not so much bioun but second toe still not well since October. Second foot done end of November .It's still not healed and it's swollen first and second toe and my Hypercure hurts .I do have faith all will be OK.But this is a very long healing process. Not to mention the strain it's put on my marriage. It takes about 10 weeks per foot in my case to feel half way normal. Second foot hurts on top as well. I'm very tired of it.My first foot I had done it seems it's leaning back to wear it began .I wear a spacer to try to get it straightened back up hoping it doesn't come back on this foot.What a nightmare that would be.I had a doctor's appointment this last Friday he canceled on me due to weather. So going back this Friday.I'm exhausted. Second foot he did it alittle more ridicule .I beleive he thought on first foot it would go to far in opposite direction well it didn't it's leaning back towards my second toe. Second Foot still hurts I'm still in surgical shoe.I do believe it will get better just takes time.We just need to hang in there This too Shall pass. I'm going to get some crock's to wear to work on Wednesday should I go back NO since I stand all day on my feet. But one has to make a living.If I sound negative I sure don't mean to.It's just a long healing process. And can take a toll on you.My Prayers are with all of you .My feet were a severe problem before this surgery. I'm very thankful to have gotten it.See what Doctor has to say this week about the problems I'm having really with both feet.If you don't have money or support financially behind you I would wait and save save save for at least 5 months off work. I work for myself otherwise I don't see how anyone can be employed by someone and do this procedure. Mine was more then just HV .I had Hypercure done as well witch will heal just takes time. Again my Prayers are with you all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.