Getting flar ups 4 times last year, any one know why this happens.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, if had Bronchiectasis for 6 years, I'm on low dose antibiotics three times a week, two puffs on Fostair morning and night, use acapella two to three times a day, last year iv not been in contact with other people because of Covid. I still keep getting these flare ups, I suddenly start coughing more and loads of sputum comes up not coloured, and it gets worse and worse once it starts till eventually I'm on either just steroids or steroids and antibiotics, just recently iv been told I cant have any more steroids, so I'm on double Doxycycline at the moment, 5th day waiting for them to kick in. I am 70 years of age . and wondering if anyone can suggest any reasons, or help.

thank you . Pam .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.