Getting in hospital for few days

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi

I dont want to die but i just want to admit in hospital for few dys but not in a critical situation in normal situation i want to become ill or sick for some day soo how many pills i should take

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

None, talk to your GP. Making yourself ill to get in hospital is not a good idea. If you are suffering from mental illness/depression, it may be that your GP could get you sectioned if that is what you really want/need.

There will be people that can help you there, unlike a normal A&E hospital.

• Posted

I don't know why you want to go in to hospital but from my personal self - i have taken overdoses of paracetamol and have ended up in hospital for an overnight stay - only because i am under local CMHT and they have sent me a ambulance to go to A&E which i wasn't happy about as i do not like wasting A&E staff even though my local one is very kind, understanding , non-judgemental . Like i said though i don't really understand why you want to purposely make your self sick , my reason was because my depression went downhill in a serious way and i could see no light at the end of the tunnel , if you need to talk to someone you can try Samaritans - you can email , text them as well as phoning them
  • Posted

Talk to your gp

if you can clearly think of plans ahead,then it's not as desperate as doing on spur of the moment

you obviously have a lot of problems,and there are a lot of people able to help. contact your gp tomorrow

• Posted

Hi honey

I know you are feeling really bad but honestly the answer is zero pills. Please call your local mental health crisis team for help. They will give you all the help you need to prevent you from hurting yourself. have you got anyone close to you who you can speak to? Eg explain how desperate you are feeling? Talk to someone now honey don't leave it.

blessings to you xx

• Posted

I agree - if you haven't the number for the local crisis team then you can go to your local A&E and ask to speak whoever is on duty for Crisis Home Treatment and say you are struggling , suicidal , i do appreciate though that areas of the UK differ in what each local NHS trust do things , You must be feeling really desperate in wanting to make yourself ill so please have a chat with someone - maybe someone you can trust , please take care .
  • Posted

Hey don't mess with pills like that.  The results can be unpredictable and you might end up doing permanent damage to yourself if not die.   x. 
  • Edited

Hi,

Reading this it feels to me like you might just need a break - am I right. You don't want to die so you are not feeling suicidal but things are getting on top of you. I'm guessing you don't have anyone at home to care about you. Or you do have a stressful home situation with responsibilities perhaps you just need a short break from so you can regather your strength. Depression often makes us want to press the "pause" button (and in extreme cases the "self-destruct" button). Often though, we just need a pause from the daily grind and for someone to be kind to us and tell us it's going to be ok. Those of us on this forum know what it's like (perhaps not your exact situation which is causing you terrible distress at the moment). But we have struggled with the pain of depression and anxiety. From my own point of view, I don't think I'd like to get a reputation at the local hospital as someone who might be attempting suicide to have some time in hospital (especially as I used to work there!). Hospital staff work hard at saving lives every day and yours is as important as any one else's but there are other ways of getting the medcal treatment and support you need. Are you able to share more details about your situation that might enable us to help you a bit more? You have done the right thing in coming to this website. You are now among friends :-)

Hugs, Digsby x

• Posted

Hi Areeba   please go and see your GP i am  not in a good state of mind myself at the moment but you really need to not have these thoughts of making yourself sick. Please take advice from myelf and others on here.
  • Posted

about 80 paracetamol i did it and i was in hospital for 3 days on the nac infusion but you do not want that experience so it would just be best to go to the hospital and ask to talk to a mental health worker

• Posted

My mom doesnt believe that im depressed and i dont know how to show her that i need help...
    • Posted

same with me everyone thinks that they know i am depressed and i have the help there but i am just not exepting it
    • Posted

Im the same no one care about me im always in pain i need rest no one understand me i cant be happy Idk why im telling u this
    • Posted

I know how you feel hun. Ive been in this spot numerous times. What i did was clled the suicide hotline. Had police come to my house to talk to me. What i did was told them everything and how i was so depressed and suicidal. They took me to my local ER and i was evaluated into a sych ward the next day

• Posted

Nobody here is really answering your question. It seems to me like you want to miss something. Court date or school or whatever. Whenever you do don't take any pills. I'm sure you can think of a more clever way if you really put your mind to it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.