Getting leg straight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my leg straight ? I am 10 weeks and am at -2 im so tired of limping!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried the heel prop. You prop up your heel on a rolled up towel for no more than 20 minutes at a time. It should help. It gives the knee a good stretch.

• Posted

i havent had tkr and it 5 am im limping and in total pain my heel is on a foam roller im using a belt to pull back my foot in a stretch and am thinking of stem cell

• Posted

your not taking physical therapy yet you should be taking physical therapy by now and they will use a game ready ice machine to help with swelling also help you with bending exercises put a stem on your leg they will push down on your leg as well as stretch it out we all been there idk what going but this should all be done in physical therapy its gonna be a long process so prepare yourself

• Posted

I assume you're doing the usual exercises? The heel prop as described above and rolling up a hand towel, placing it under your knee, pressing the knee into and lifting your heel up. You could also try putting something harder under the knee - my physio suggested a roll of refuse sacks. Someone I know who had the same problem found hydrotherapy the best solution. Also, make sure when you walk that stretch your leg out, put the heel down first and walk through the foot lifting your heel before your toes.

• Posted

Yes, I should have mentioned that one as well, towel under the knee etc. I was given lists of exercises to do, both before and after the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.