Getting me down

Posted , 4 users are following.

the two main symptoms I sure with are nausea and tiredness, both are really getting me down. Any recommendations for anything that can help?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth, anything with ginger in is good for nausea but if it is really bad your dr should be able to give you something. I have regular antisickness shots and pills inbetween. As for the tiredness, are you sleeping ok? I have a recipie for a homemade nightime drink which may help you have some better quality sleep. Take a generous mugful of full fat (jersey/guernsey gold top) milk, a teaspoon or to your personal taste of vanilla essence, 1 or 2 spoons of unbleached sugar and 1 or 2 crushed valarian tablets. You can also use a good hot chocolate mix instead of the vanilla if you prefer. Make a paste in the mug with a small amount of the milk and put rest on to heat. Add the sugar, vanilla or chocolate and the crushed valerian. Mix well. Take the milk off the heat just prior to boiling and add to the paste stirring continuously. Drink when at a comfortable temp. This should help to relax you and help give you a good nights quality sleep. Give it a try! Other than that you can try energy drinks during the day and I mean protien shakes NOT sugar and caffine loaded fizzy drinks. Try getting plenty of fresh air which will help with drowsiness. Hope these tips help you. Also you can look into energy promoting vitamin supplements. These things have helped me. Hope they help you and anyone else who tries them. XXX
    • Posted

Hi Tina thanks for your reply, I do have tablets from my gp for the nausea which do help its just a horrible symptom. I do also generally sleep well but still feel tired a lot.
  • Posted

hi i suffered terrible with the same symptoms amongs many others, im 48 and i finaly got hrt patches off my dr and up to know im on my fouth patch you use them twice a week take one off put another one on after four days. well almost straight away i saw a difference, im not tierd i dont sweat i dont feel sick i feel loads better up till now im happy i got them.
  • Posted

I know.. I'm tired all the time too. I do sleep at night so I don't know if it's winter which makes you feel blah or if it's my life  (married with kids) that I'm just drained.  I have doubled up on a few vitamins. I am just getting the basics done and exercise some.   My dentist mentioned something about a nightguard and how much better he sleeps with it. I grind my teeth at night so I'm hoping I'll see a difference in my sleep. I'm also in the process of tweaking my diet to see if that makes a difference. As for nausea I have heard that anything with ginger helps-- tea, candy, cooking with it, etc...

• Posted

Yes Kelly, ginger is good for nausia. It could be that you have a touch of SADS due to it being winter but you can get a lamp that helps that and there is a great rock salt lamp you can get which helps allsorts of issues. How old are your kids? If they are old enough lean on them they may surprise you. My 20 yr old son did. He is an amazing support to me aswell as his best friend (same age) and my man. I dont know what I'd do without them. Hope this helps you. Youd be shocked at how your kids can help and support you. Good luck hun xxx

• Posted

iv tried everything herbal nothi g helped me at all ginger is something i always drink anyways. but for the tierdness the only thing thats helped me is conti patches honestly i didnt realy want to take hrt but i read that patches are better than pills and id ran out of everything else in ideas as id tryed everything recomended. iv felt loads better since going on them i do t fall asleep any ore in afternoons andim getting up in a morning were as befor i didnt want to id drag myself out of bed and drag myself around all day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.