getting nervous

Posted , 3 users are following.

Day 8 of pre opp and im doing ok so far. 6 days till my opp. Getting a bit nervous. I have to stay in overnight. Anyone suggest anything i might need in my bag that i might forget?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It may depend on which type of wgt loss surgery you are planning to have as some ops are more invasive than others - however I would say to take lose fitting sleepware - preferably not something which is going to be tight or rub your abdominal area so a nightie is probs better than PJs, a bottle with a sports type top as its easier to drink out of one of them semi lying down than a cup; lipsalve as yr lips will be very dry after the op from the anaesthetic, a small water spray to hydrate yr mouth which will also be very dry; usual things like wipes, magazines to read, toiletries, phone, ipod and headphones, i will have a think and see if i can come up with any more - good luck
  • Posted

a few more items which might be useful are your phone charger, dressing gown, slippers or shoes you can slip on yr feet without bending down to fasten, pen and notepad, usual toiletries and a pillow might be useful for the journey home to hold in front of your tummy to stop the seat belt from rubbing

• Posted

I wouldnt have thought about the seatbelt issue. Thanks for that!
  • Posted

everyone is different - personally i did not need it but it poss depends where your incisions are and also how far you have to travel and for me it was just 20 or so mins in the car to home - the main things for me was def the lip salve and the sports top bottle cos you probs would already have yr toiletreis and sleepware in yr bag - those last 2 items i def would not have wanted to be without and i was only in overnight which is same as you - when you unpack yr stuff make sure it is easy to reach on the top of yr bedside cabinet cos once you have had your op it will be difficult to stretch so ensure everything is in a convenient place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.