Getting new prescription for eye contacts

Posted , 2 users are following.

This is probably a stupid question but I’m just being extra cautious.

I had to go in for my annual eye exam to get a refill on my eye contacts. I’ve been using the same prescription for awhile now..at least 4-5years (-2.50 in left and -3.00 in right). Now my prescription has changed after the eye exam..I will soon be wearing -2.75 in both eyes for my contacts.

So now I’m wondering if my brain is going to be confused with these new eye contacts and cause discomfort like dizziness, vertigo, headache, etc. 

I asked the optometrist if the new prescription contacts will cause headaches and he said No they shouldn’t...if anything they should prevent headaches because I’ll be wearing an accurate prescription.

But my eyes and brain are used to wearing the old prescription contacts..so I’m just afraid that it will cause some weird reaction to my vestibular system.

Am I just being too overly worried?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So I just got a new prescription for my glasses with thinner glass than the lenses I got 2 years ago.

Dizzyness has been an issue for about 2 years...real bad at times. I would have to watch how I moved my head. 

Been wearing my new lenses now for 4 days and have not even had to pay attention to head movements. No dizzyness.

Very unscientific...but really happy with my new lenses that do have a different shape than old.

Never have tried contacts.

Maybe try glasses with same prescription?

My lenses are a thinner bifocal lense not a thicker glass ... for a lighter feel! LensCrafters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.