Getting off gaba

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been off for 5 much now. I just wanted to write this post as encouragement for everyone going through withdrawal. It is awful and way worse for me than any of the s/e of the drug itself but....IT DOES GET BETTER. Hang in there. This forum was a life line for me during my darkest days.

And for all of you still on gaba... if it's working and making you life easier to live stay the course.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement 

I’ve gone down from 1200 mg

To 600 mg

January 1 down to 400 mg

Feb1 down to 200 mg

Then done

I’ve had flu like symptoms, insomnia 

Headaches, stomach issues

During the withdrawal process

Can’t wait to be off this

I’m almost there

Happy Holidays!

• Posted

Thanks so much, Adkin! I was on low dose for couple months, stopped 2 weeks ago, feeling withdrawals. Your post gives me hope. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.