getting over going for a poo at a boyfriends house for the first time

Posted , 5 users are following.

My poos are sometimes explosive and noisy - how have you coped with this for the first time at your boyfriend / partners house and how long did it take to feel comfortable?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I rarely have explosive bowel movements but I do have loud gas which doesn't bother me.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel 😦 I am the same as you. Tbh I've been with my bf for many years. When I was diagnosed with IBS in 2012 I told him so he was aware. It made going to the loo more frequently/extended periods of time easier and less embarrassing for me. When I was living with my parents it was easy to poop but now I live with him-have been for a year and a half now and I just try to mask the sound...shower/music etc. Or I tell him I have to poop and he gives me privacy by going as far from the loo as possible. Not the best solution but I just feel too embarrassed to let him hear! I know he wouldnt mind but I feel ashamed of my body if he hears me fart down the pan... urgh 😦 If you or anyone finds a way to cope let me know! Usually I avoid pooping if hes in the house if i can-I use a public loo or do it at work. Or I do it when I have the shower on if we're both off on the same day. My poop isnt always explosive but usually a little loud/soft so I feel your pain.

I'd suggest making your bf aware of your IBS and tell him symptoms if you havent already it will make it easier for you. I fart in front of my bf and he doesnt care. How long have you been with him? Sometimes makes it easier if you let them know right from the start so they know what to expect. Just be honest about your IBS. It will be so much easier for you in the long run.

• Posted

Also I know morning poop can be the worst for IBS poops. If you can avoid trigger foods and drinks that may help your bowl movements. Or you may be able to get medication from your GP to help calm your gut down.

• Posted

Hi Maggie, my poor husband has always knew my bowel was poor, his dad has the same sort of thing so keeps a close on me! He's taken me how i am.

• Posted

Haha, I know this issue. I put a bit of toilet paper in the bowl first and that masks the "splashing" lol but otherwise you just have to get on with it. Men are a lot less embarrassed about body functions than women so he prob won't even notice tbh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.