Getting pelvic cyst removed,whilst having period?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Can anyone stop me worrying!!i am getting a pelvic cyst removed via keyhole surgery on Friday.But I am pretty certain I shall have my period.I know this might sound odd,but could someone put my mind at rest and say the surgery won't be effected?i'am sure it won't,but have waited months for this date!!

Thanks for any advice!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Im having mine removed on thursday and am on my period. They havent said it will affect surgeru so I presume it won't. Let me know how u get on xxc
  • Posted

Both surgeries I have had I have been on my period. It doesn't make a difference you will be fine xx
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies!!!just to put my mind at rest.will let you know how I get on!
  • Posted

yes you will be fine as i was on my period and they operated on me
  • Posted

How did you get on Leeanne? Are you recovering ok?
  • Posted

Hi leanne. How r u getting on?. Im im tremendous pain and cant move around even to get up for the loo I need assisting. I had to have four incisions did you? How big was your cyst? X
  • Posted

Hi well ended up staying overnight as was wiped out by anaesthetic.Got home yesterday and foolishly underestimated how rotten I would feel!!Starting to feel a bit more human like,but hoping this gas feeling is gonna go soon.I am up and about,but yep its painful.

It was 5cm cyst but some how attatched its self to bottom of Fallopian tube,which then in turn twisted and twisted.so she had to remove the dead section of the tube too,she thinks that was causing most of my pain.

Hope your feeling better soon!!biggrin

• Posted

What meds have you got?. Are you hunched over. I have to move so slow and cant stand straight .

so much pain sad how many cuts have you got?

• Posted

Oh sorry Leeanne, glad you are feeling better though! Did they not know that your fallopian tube was affected until surgery? I am really worried about losing my ovary or fallopian tubes as I have a very big cyst!

Hope you have lots of help at home! smile

• Posted

Just 3 cuts and sent home with codeine and paracetamol.thats all I needed in hospital for pain too,it was the sickness that's done me in rather than pain from it.Also having 2 kiddies 7 & 5 I have to just try and get on with it,although husband trying.....ish!!

No they didn't know it was Attatched to tube before hand.i had several scans and they said the cyst was in a really weird position.They knew wasnt Attatched to ovaries thou.she did say she hadn't seen the twisting thing before and has no idea how it happened.So not common by the sound of it,so I wouldn't stress!!smile

• Posted

Oh thats weird! Well at least they have resolved it pretty quickly for you....

Did you have an MRI? I am due to go for one on tuesday and I am a bit nervous!!

How big wsa your cyst?

x

• Posted

Well it's been a long process.started with pains in August ref to hospital for pelvic scan.got it 2 months later!scanned and found cyst at 2cm.then re scanned 6 weeks later grown to 5 cm.ref back to gynecologist to discuss didn't get that appointment til dec.she decided to remove and the 1st available appointment was Friday gone!!

Only ever had a pelvic scan no MRI or internal thingy.but on the day of operation she re scanned me cos I hadn't had any pain from the dec-march so that it had gone.but no still lerking!!

Yeah its easy for people to say don't worry,but i think it's easier to deal with stuff when you know what and where it is.So at least on Tuesday ur gonna have a much clearer picture instead at the minute your blind and will be full of 'what ifs'.....which is no good!

Let's know how you get on biggrin

• Posted

Oh wow, yours was ages! Shame that they were slow with it as you could have been all healed much quicker.

I first went in on 20th Feb and apart from the two weeks for them to diagnose me correctly it was quite fast. (I was first told I was five months pregnant!!!) March 3rd I had my scan, then 13th appointment with the gynae and then 25th coming up I've got my MRI. So I suppose not actually that fast lol

Yes it is pretty scary, especially as I have some solid parts and my cyst is very large (12cm by 9cm last time it was measured!) Guess thats why I am having the MRI. Have they given you some good meds?!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.