getting period again :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey all,

I am 51 and going through peri. I have been regular all my life, but about a year ago started having irregular periods. Skip month, or get it twice in a month. However this time it is way too close. After two months of not having a period,  I started my period on 8/25 with heavy bleeding for only one day and then significant reduction in bleeding the next day. Then my breasts started being tender which was strange since I usually get the breast tenderness before period and not after. Anyways, now I started bleeding again (11 days later), which is crazy. The bleeding is not that bad yet. It is very red unlike the time I get my period when the first spotting are brownish. Is this something that might happen during peri? Having two back to back periods? I am not happysad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there , I went through that last year and they’ve did a few ultrasounds and found fibroids on my uterus and also my uterus was enlarged , all due to hormonal changes they thought . So then they did a biopsy and sure enough it was normal and then they put me on fibrastal for 3 monthes . It shrunk the fibroids and the uterus a bit so the heavy bleeding stopped and then now my periods a year later are skipping some monthes but , I’m almost 50 so I’m sure it’s hormonal again and I’m getting closer to menopause now . My Gyno told me that all them changes are due to the body changing preparing for menopause and it showed that my progesterone and estrogen levels are way off , which sadly menopause does to us ladies . But , if I were you I would get it checked cause maybe it’s a cyst or something , which is nothing to worry about but , at least you’ll know what’s going on . 

Hugs to ya from Canada here .

• Posted

Hi there,

I have two fibriods too, one of them is pretty big. They usually don't give me any trouble and my doc checks them routinely. The last time she checked which is back in June they have not changed much. I just emailed her to see what she thinks but I have a feeling she will want to do a biopsy too sad 

• Posted

Hi, Naz....I'm sure you're aren't happy about that. 🙁 But what you describe is par for the course...all the way to the color being bright red.

As I'm sure most of the ladies on this forum will tell you, what you're experiencing is normal for peri, but you should still keep track and tell your gyne at your next appointment. If you haven't made an appointment, make one so that at least your mind will be at ease.

• Posted

Just emailed her to see what she thinks, but I have a feeling she will want to do a biopsy on a couple large fibriods that I have. She checks them regularly and the last time she checked which was in June they have not changed but who knows what is going on now. As you said I better make sure!
    • Posted

I'm sure you're fine....I have similar history, including fibroids. I just had a biopsy on July 23 and all is well. I just have fibroids. They will begin to shrink as my estrogen levels go down...

• Posted

That is exactly why I don't want to go through surgery as I know I am approaching menopause and they will hopefully shrink soon. Thanks for the support Katy!

• Posted

Oh I had that, and the three week long period too. So much fun. Everything seems to be the norm for peri. And I don't have fibroids. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.