Getting sick while sick with mono

Posted , 4 users are following.

So last week I was knocked out with a cold. It was just a cold but I was down for 2 days and still really unwell for several other days. My question is have you all experienced this? Also, do you find that you get sick more often now? I live in constant fear right now of catching anything because it takes such a bigger toll on me than it used to. Being sick while being sick is hard! And EBV isn't something that is so visible or understood and that's hard to explain to others. How do you cope?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

do you take zinc, vit c, or antivirals? i haven't gotten sick once since i went on antiviral protocol

• Posted

Daily multi, vit c and zinc sometimes. I may ask doc about antiviral. I've heard it's not so effective with EBV though?

• Posted

I noticed when I did get sick after mono it seemed a little more severe and seemed to last a few days longer that usual. But I always recovered. Keep up with your vitamins and stay hydrated and rest rest rest. I noticed these little colds got fewer and farther apart as my immune system got stronger. You'll get there. Just don't give up!!

• Posted

Thank you. I'm over the cold now. It seemed to last just as long but it sure was a lot more intense. I know I need to rest more. The doc tells me that. It's just so hard and when I don't rest enough I feel like I'm getting sick but then I get some extra rest and I feel better. It's that feeling like I'm getting sick that scares me because I feel being sick for me is so much harder now. I'm sure it will get better with time, hopefully. That's what I hear.

• Posted

I have had the opposite-I have not gotten sick with anything else since the EBV and normally I would get 1-2 colds a year. Not sure if that's because I take multiple vitamins and wash my hands obsessively now or what.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.