Getting smell from egg white everytime I eat egg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since last two weeks I am getting smell may be like sulphur from egg white whenever I eat boiled egg. First I thought the egg is rotten .But I tried eggs from different shops. I get it every time and others can't get it. And when I eat it I get a bad body odor.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You may be eating too many eggs. The digestion system breaks down eggs partly into sulphur and this will be excreted via your sweat glands as hydrogen sulphide, and by gases escaping from your bowel. Hydrogen sulphide has that distinct smell of rotten eggs. Cut down your intake of eggs.

• Posted

If you have always eaten an egg every day and not had a problem before, you may need to see your doctor. Sudden onset of body odour is sometimes an indication of something else. Do you eat a lot of protein foods? Meat, fish etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.