Getting spots after shaving with trimmer

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i get spots if i shave with a razor and i can understand why. but its been many years that i am shaving with trimmer and yet i get spots!

i have severe keratosis pilaris on my arms and i guess hey are on my face too because my face is very bumpy and every pore is blocked. i tried many ways suggested by here and many other places for unblocking pores, exfoliating and many more but they didn't help.

also the hair on my face (full face, beard and everywhere else) comes off when i grip on it by nails. its like 1 hair is ok but another tiny hair is stuck on to the side of the other one, and that's what comes off.

i see ppl shaving in the morning and leaving off to work but when i shave i have to go shower and wash my face a thousand times because those tiny hairs that get cut by the trimmers get very itchy so i cant say i left it on my face and caused a spot.

any help? im just so tired of this situation

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi you need to see a dermatologist as they are the experts in skin diseases x

• Posted

its so hard to get to a dermatologist i asked my pg 1k times and never got refered.

• Posted

Well tell the GP to either cure you or refer you! I presume you are at a group practice? If so try every Dr until one does refer you x

• Posted

yea good idea. thank god its close to my house ill probably start doing this from next week cos its half terms pi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.