Getting stuck in sleep. Is this not all?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know that sounds confusing and it's really hard to explain. But just recently I've been getting this thing as I'm waking up where I'm suddenly yanked back into sleep and my head goes to one side as if someone has grabbed and pinned it there under their hands. Along with this this I can't breathe, or move my head at all and my fingers twitch quite fast. If I try to open my eyes I get like this electrical crackling sort of sound and they close again and feel really heavy.

It's not the same as sleep paralysis where my whole body is paralysed, it's more like my head and neck area. I know this sounds completely bizarre but it's really scaring me. What could this be? Had anyone ever had similar experiences, how do you deal with it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Helloworld

Try an appointment with your GP and explain your concerns. You may be lying bad in bed

BOB

• Posted

Oh my.. I hate to scare you but you should see your doctor about this. Do you have bad dreams? I do get jerking motions sometimes in my sleep.. Do you have a family history of seizures?

Sometimes bad dreams could cause bad reactions.. One time i woke up from a dream.. And threw something across my room. I dont remember what the dream was about.. But that night something just wasnt "right" but i went to sleep anyway.

you might not be sleeping right.. And sometimes bad dreams could cause your body to react strangely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.