Getting surgery for my varicocele on monday any tips ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

just seeing if there is anyone else on here that has had the surgery done and what to expect? iv been having pain in my balls for 6 months now and its finally time to to get the surgery

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rory, best of luck with the op. What type of op are you having, varicoceletomy or embolization?

I haven't had an embolization so if it's that you're down for hopefully someone else might come along, but if it's a varicoceletomy I had a stay overnight in hospital (not always the norm) and relied on a few hits of pain relief, followed by a couple of very painful days that then improved quite quickly.

Wound management was taken care of by the nurse at the doctors, all pretty straight forward.

Back to wood working on a bench after 2 weeks, but only light lifting.

Like I say, the first couple of days I found to be pretty bad but get beyond that and it's pretty good considering it's a bit invasive.

Hope it goes well and works ok for you

• Posted

its the varicoceletomy. its good to hear that the recovery isnt too bad, im hoping to get back on the tools after a week.

did u get the surgery done because of pain or ?

• Posted

Yes I had mine done to try to solve pain. Sort of worked for a while, but it seems I've got other probs down there so I can't really comment on wether it was totally successful.

My op was about a year ago and one of the varicoceles has returned already so hopefully you get a better result.

It the incision under the belly button that gave me the most pain in recovery, just take any advice and take it easy and I'm sure you'll be able to tell when you can get back to work.

Hope it all goes well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.