Getting there slowly

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

I haven't posted for a while. I'm still reducing the Venlafaxine by 12.5mg monthly. Currently on 100mg. I've had no side effects since extending the reductions to monthly. I was doing it every 3 weeks and experienced a bit of a low. It's a long drawn out process but I'm hoping that eventually I'll be off it. Still on the Mirtazapine 7.5mg to help me sleep.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well done.Just take it very slowly and you will get there in the end.It is a hard drug to get off but not impossible there is no hurry just take it slow and steady.Keep going.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have just read your text and it has really given me some hope.  I too have been on Venlafaxine - 267.5mg for approx 10 years (the GP has gradually increased the dosage over the years. Now, at this minute, I feel it is not helping. I have been wating to reduce this drug for a long time, but I am terrifed of the side effects.

Just reading your information - about reducing 12.5 mg monthly. What a brilliant idea!! I have thought (and have reveived) many ideas about reducing this drug, but all seem too drastic at the moment. You said you were takeing Mirtazapine to help you sleep? does this help? do you not feel drowsy the next day?

Anyway, Iam going to try to reduce 12.5 mg monthly.......How do you get this dose? Do you  ask specifically and get 12.5 mg exactly? What ammount of Venlafaxine were you originally taking?

Anyway, well done to you. Can you tell me the reasons why you want to reduce this drug totally? My reasons are the side-effects..........which are horrendous Iam sure that this drug is making me more anxious.

Very best wishes and well done, I am so proud of you XXX

ollybear

• Posted

Hi Gillian

Thank you for your kind affirmation. I am on Venlafaxine capsules Vensir XL. They contain Venlafaxine pellets each pellet is 12.5mg. I have reduced by one pellet each month. It's slow but worth it. I had to get fight to have capsules prescribed as they are not the cheapest under the NHS.

I want to come off them because I sweat so much, my weight has ballooned, I got totally paranoid on higher doses and the lower my dose goes the happier I feel. The Mirtazapine caused extreme anxiety but I haven't been able to sleep without them. I'm now on 7.5mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.