Getting tired of feeling Empty and Numb from Olanzaipine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Getting tired of this bulls**t of feeling Empty.. I don’t know what to do.. I’m on a 12.5 and I’m tapering down but how long more will I be on this killer drug.. I’m pure sick of it all 😔 somebody explain to me what to do ... 😞😞

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Patience is the only answer.
    • Posted

Haven’t got time for this.. I can’t live my life... well in some parts I can but majorly I can’t 
    • Posted

As soon as you reach 5mg you will start feeling normal.Not numb.So please hang on and do tapering every month 12.5 to 10 mg,7.5 mg ,5mg,2.5 mg,2 mg,1.25 mg,.625 mg.then stop.I swear you will feel better life ,after coming out of all meds.
    • Posted

I just want my thoughts and feelings back ... my conscience is gone too 😔

• Posted

tapering down is the way to go. Got to taper down gradually though.

With time and patience you will taper down to zero or 5 mg and have your life back again.

I tapered down to 2.5 mg and feel fantastic!!!

• Posted

Hi Gareth,

I tapered down over a month from 5mg to 2.5 mg by alternating days, then just the 2.5 mg.

I have just stopped the 2.5 mg cold turkey.

Because Olanzapine is addictive, I really did feel like crap for awhile through withdrawal symptoms.

Now I am through that, and feel absolutely fantastic again

Healthy diet and exercise are important in getting through that withdrawal stage; even just walking the dog will help heaps.

Persoanlly, I found that getting up and taking a shower every morning, then putting on fresh clean clothes, then making a realistic SHORT list of what I wanted to do that day, really helped me.

Olanzapine really is an evil drug, the less you can take the better off you will be.

BUT... I must say that along the way my diagnosis was changed fom paranoid schizophrenia to bipolar so I felt justified in only taking Epilim (a mood stabilizer) instead of both that AND Olanzapine.

Hope that helps, I started a new discussion this morning, take a look if you can: more details there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.