Getting to sleep is becoming really difficult and I don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've had sleep issues since I was about 9, and was prescribed Circadin (2 x 2mg nightly) then, which I have been taking ever since. I'm now 17, take 4 x 2mg of Circadin and am going through one of the toughest phases of Insomnia I've ever had.

For some context, I've been depressed for about 8 months and was on Fluoxetine but am now on Sertraline and that's made it even more difficult to get to sleep now due to raging thoughts whilst I'm trying to get to sleep. Additionally, I experience extreme anxiety every day of and have been told by a psychiatrist at CAMHS that there is no medication to help (I'm on Propranolol but I feel as if it has no effect).

This is really starting to affect my performance at school and is leaving me feeling absolutely wiped out almost every single day, and I really feel like it's heavily contributing to my depression. It's even getting to the point where I just can't get to sleep some nights and I have to force myself to stay awake the whole next day to make sure I don't completely ruin my sleep schedule. The only thing I could think to do is up my dose of Circadin to 6 x 2mg but other than that I'm completely out of ideas since the psychiatrist and my GP both refuse to prescribe anything stronger.

I would really appreciate any suggestions or tips that anyone has!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi get the book effortless sleep method by sasha stephens. read it cover to cover it will help u. u can sleep u just have to reprogram ur thoughts about sleep. best of luck

• Posted

my autistic daughter was on circidan and made her depression worse...shes off it now..took it for six mths..never again..spk to camhs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.