Getting worse and anxiously waiting for colonoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I'm a 19 year old female and have been having pretty serious symptoms for the past year. It started as awful diarrhea a year ago which caused bleeding due to wiping and ever since then I have noticed blood in the stools but chalked it up to something not serious. However, I have been continuously losing weight, having blood and mucus IN my stools not just on the paper, and i've lost all appetite which is odd bc I have always been very in love with food. I went to go see my doctor because in the past three months these symptoms have become a lot more severe. I have lost 13 lbs in 2 months, have had fevers, fatigue, constipation, and dark blood clots. I also have a very bizarre pink mucus that comes out even when I don't go number 2 but also when I do. I also have yellow mucus that comes out in the toilet and on the paper and have noticed white fluffy stuff on my stools as well. And most recently (aka today) I had a very very long thin stool that was grey with dark blood clots wrapped all around it. I've seen the doctor due to chronic constipation and these earlier symptoms and she told me to increase fiber intake (which I did) and she also signed me up for a colonoscopy. She didn't seem too worried but I'm freaked out especially after what just came out of me. So I'm anxiously waiting for January to roll around and to get this colonoscopy done but whilst I wait I was just wondering if anyone has any similar symptoms and what they were diagnosed with. Obviously not looking for a diagnosis from this but I just want to know what I'm in for.

Oh I also had blood work done and I wasn't anemic but on the very low end of the normal spectrum and this was taken 4 weeks ago and my blood loss has just kept on increasing so I feel like I may be anemic now idk though I'm no doctor.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Elizabeth I hear your pain and anxiety and I know you are fearful and ready to find out what is wrong with you. I would be too and would be ready to feel better. That's a lot of weight to lose in a short period of time. 

Can you call your GP and let him know that it is an emergency and you need to get the colonoscopy done now?

Let me know how you are and what you think of my suggestions. 

Diane

• Posted

My life has been pretty stressful lately so when I talked to my doctor yesterday she said that the weight loss, and other serious symptoms are due to the stress. So I guess I have to weight for January to figure it out. But thank you for your response! It got me to call my GP.
  • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I'd just like to echo Diane, and say phone your GP, or get an appointment, and explain whats been happening since you saw her last, and is there any way she can get you moved forward for the colonoscopy. It sounds gross, but if you could collect a sample in a tub to show her, it might help.

• Posted

That's a good idea, even though it is kinda gross. Bc i did have a stool test but I royally screwed it up i think, so the test came back negative (there was very little stool to test and it was in the water when I got it so nothing was really on the stick thing). I'll do that so they can have an accurate sample to test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.