Getting worse every day.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi!

I have been off Mirtazapine now for 28 months and feeling like everyday I'm just getting worse. My symptoms of: chronic insomnia (no sleep for several days and nights then a couple of hours then back to nothing again), burning brain, burning throughout body and brain, chronic fatigure/exhaustion, adrenaline surges, dp/dr, blurry vision, hearing loss, heart palps, and the list goes on r worse now than when I was tapering. I'm also freezing cold almost 24/7. I can barely function, am feeling terrified this will never get better or I will go insane, am totally alone and just want to die the pain is so intense. Can't take anything that comes from Big Pharma as I react badly to everything now.

Is there anyone else out there that has or is suffering so intensely at this far out of being totally off all your psych poisons. I was also on Seroquel for 3 years, Gabapentin for 14 years and Zoplicone for 7 months. I just don't know what is wrong with me. We done a lot of tests and everything comes back normal. I can't get any help and I'm totally alone in what I'm going through. Please, I need some support and reassurance this will get better. Feel so close to death.Thank u.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

u heed help from your doctor. this is not withdraw l its depression. there is no quick fix im afraid. or magic pill. it takes effort on your part . please speak to someone , friend, neighbour?? I was like u. instead of dwelling on feeling crap i got up and got help. i wanted my life back and i had to do alone. im here now after seeking professional help from gp . so please , get up, get dressed and go out and speak to someone. even go to local hospital. only u can do this.

• Posted

Hi Tempest1! This is w/d. My doctor did some research on withdrawals from psych meds and they can go on for months or years. I was on Mirtazapine for 14 years and was kindled on it about 3 times. I know a lot of people who r in w/d from psych meds for up to 10 years. They r the worst things out there. It's my understanding that Mirtazapine has quite a long protracted w/d and I think thats what I'm going through. Along with the fact I've had several set backs this past year with 3 surgeries (2 basal cell carcinomas removed from my head, 2 cataract surgeries, a UTI and then bronchitis back to back so I think this might b why I'm having such a rough time.

• Posted

I did a slow taper off them. However, I went through an organization in Raymond, Alberta who really screwed me up. I was on 550 mg. of Seroquel, 200 mg. of Gabapentin, 7.5 mg. of Zoplicone and 30 mg. of Remeron. They told me they would reduce the Seroquel first and get me down to 200 mg. then we would start reducing them all at once. I told them I could not do that but they insisted so I decided to go for it. Well, I ended up on the psych ward after being off all of them for 3 weeks, wherein I was put back on 100 mg. E.R. Seroquel and 15 mg. of Remeron. Once again I started reducing the Seroquel slowly over 18 months and then waited 4 about 2 months and then started reducing the Remeron over a period of 6 months. As I'm very paradoxical to antihistamines I became paradoxical to the Seroquel and Remeron as they both have an antihistamine base. In 2013 all of the above poisons stopped working and so I had no choice but to come off them. I should never have been on them in the first place as I was never a psychiatric patient. I was put on them for chronic insomnia, anxiety and panic attacks which I later found out was being caused by hypothyroidism.

• Posted

hi your not alone,i stopped taking mirtazipine 5 months ago and since then like you i actually dred going to bed knowing im going to have a rubbish night,i seem to get 3 hours and then toss and turn for the rest of the night.and i too feel the cold very much.ive tried drinking camonmile tea every night and it helps a little bit.

• Posted

try melatonin and gaba tablets. available online. they work for me really well. i get a good few hours sleep.

• Posted

Dear Carollov

I have also suffered chronic insomnia for several months, both while on and during 4 week tapering and now completely off for 6 weeks. Please tell me if your situation has improved

best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.