GF for second time?

Posted , 2 users are following.

unsure if i have glandular fever for the second time. i started feeling unwell sunday evening ans developed more and more symptoms. by tuesday evening i had called the out of hours doctor who was not helpful. i saw my gp on wed who has done emergency bloods but havent heard back. my symptoms are pain on the right hand side in liver doctor discovered during examination. hot and cold and sweats during night. sore throat, glands up, muscle aches and tiredness. i am struggling to sleep at night aswell as throat feels like its closing up. does this sound like glandular fever again to you guys?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Lucy,

So sorry to hear you've been feeling so unwell lately, I hope very much this is just a minor setback for you and that it turns out not to be mono or anything like that. You've done the right thing getting the blood tests done and really hoping that you can get those test results soon and that the doctor can offer some good advice and reassurance for you.

Sometimes within the first year or two especially, some episodes like that can occur where it's like a mini-relapse of mono. I had one at about 21 months after first getting mono, it frightened me so much as my blood tests showed positive for mono for the first time since the very start, I was so panicked that I would have to go through all that again - but thankfully only thanks to God I didn't, things settled down within a few weeks and it just proved to be a mini relapse / setback and was able to get back on track again.

Remember the EBV virus, the main virus which causes mono, can only infect you once - after you recover from mono it stays dormant in your system - there can be mini reactivations but it CANNOT bite or sting in any way like it did the first time round - your body already is much better equipped having gone through the virus and knows how to get it under control, so often these relapses can feel intense at the time, almost like the beginning again, but then can settle down quickly. Hoping and praying that is the case Lucy and you can feel much better soon.

Vitamins and herbs helped me a lot during recovery - a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B100 complex vitamin per day (GREAT for nervous system and energy levels) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, oregano, echinacea. Of course always check for any interactions with other conditions / medication before starting herbs, I'm no expert just going on my own knowledge and things that have helped me.

Hang in there Lucy, very much hoping you are feeling better soon and that you can get some good and reassuring news from the blood test results. Thinking about you. God is the great healer, trusting in Him to get you back on track again. Just rest and look after yourself for now, one day at at time.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.