GFR? 32

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor called yesterday to tell me my kidney function tests are off. I have go back Monday for a recheck. My bunn, my creatinine, my serum glucose and my CO2 are all off as well as my GFR being 28. I have had these numbers be off for a few years but never like this. Needless to say I am very scared. I have also had serious breathing problems for over a year and they can't figure out why.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to let you know this but my husband had breathing problems too when his GFR dropped below 30. He had shortness of breath all the way up until he got his transplant. His GFR stayed at 20 for 2 years though and then slowly dropped every 2-3 months until he got to 4 and then had the transplant. Good luck to you.
  • Posted

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot of testing already, but have they checked you hemoglobin? I developed severe anemia when my creatinine dropped into Stage IIIB range. That did effect my breathing some. Of course it also caused extreme exhaustion. But it is under effective treatment now--EPO injections as needed (about once a month) and an iron based phosphorus binder. 

Marj

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.