Gfr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone have a gfr of 15, no symptoms, just tired?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes i did for about 6 months then suddenly dropped to 10. Still no other symtom but tired and short of breath.
    • Posted

Are you on dialysis?   May I ask your age?  Thanks.
    • Posted

No i am not on dialysis I am 64 and my husband is a perfect match for me but I wanted to wait as long as I can to get the transplant.
  • Posted

Hi, my GFR is 16. I'm just extremely tired now compared to how I used to feel, although I still push myself to try and live a normal life.

I am a 48years old female with a family and work full time.

I try to eat a healthy diet and train at a gym 4 times a week.

My consultant said if I had not done this then my kidney function would surely be at a worse state now.

He has said he will not consider me for dialysis or put me on the transplant list until my GFR reaches 10. (Unless I can find a live donor)

What advice has your consultant given you?

• Posted

I went on the list at 20 GFR and am now at 10 but I have a live donor just waiting until I cant function on my own

• Posted

She sees kidney doctor next week. She is 81, and has alot of medical issues.  She has no other symptoms, just tired. No swelling, pain, her appetite is good.  I think dialysis would really be hard on her.  I hope they give her some other treatment options.   She did have a UTI, and was on an antibiotic when she had that bloodwork done, so I don't know if this affected her numbers.  Good luck to you, you are so young.
    • Posted

Depends on the antibiotic she was on. It could affect the blood work, also if she ate meat 24 hours before the test. Good luck to you also

• Posted

Hi,

My eGFR is at 8 now but I still go to Yoga classes three times a week which involves a four mile walk there. I train my three dogs several times a week and live a reasonably active life.

I am a vegetarian which does help with CKD. I am not willing to go on dialysis as my two sons have had transplants and this has left me with guilt somewhat.

• Posted

Hi. Gee, you are at 8?   My sister is at 15, but she is 81, and does not want dialysis.  I have heard horror stories about it.   She sees kidney dr. this week, and I know she is scared.  I told her, she is in charge of herself, not them.   I feel so bad for all of you with this horrible condition.   I told another patient on here, I contacted a holistic dr.  She told me there are 2 supplements for kidneys.  One is JP-X to prevent infetion, and KB-C, to strengthen kidneys.  She said alot of her clients are getting good results..  You can go online, they sell it at alot of places.  Just a thought. What could it hurt?  Good luck to you.  Are they trying to push the dialysis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.