Gfr

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone tell me if a gfr bloodtest of 94 is good? Does that mean I have kidney damage? I'm confused when I read it says anything above 60 means no kidney damage but then when I look other places it says your in stage 1 can anyone help me out? Ty in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

94 is good our GFR declines naturally as we age anyway.  Most people have CKD they would just never know unless they needed a random test hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Helen yes I was reading up on it last night all of my other tests are also good and I also had urine tests and they were also good so I think I'm safe I was a little worried cause I all of a sudden had this crazy itching on my face and neck and was worried it had something to do with my kidneys because I tried everything else for just dry skin so of course my crazy head goes right to kidney problems but I'm assuming something would have cake up . I just had everything checked with my kidneys last month so I'm sure nothing would have changed atleast I hope not. Ty for your response i truly appreciate it i still have the itching but most of the redness has went away i live in buffalo ny so im aasuming well hoping its just weather change. It's been like a week now I'm taking oatmeal baths hoping that helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.