GFR is 70

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,I'm new to CKD I was told,My GFR is 70.I don't really understand everything I'm being told,I found this site looking for answers,and to maybe get an ideal what I'm going to be facing.It seems like my doctor is not worried at this point in time.I take losartan to regulate my blood pressure.I don't have diabetes!I work-out 2,3 times a week.Im pretty fitt and muscular.Im scared don't know what to expect can someone tell me what kind of life I'm going to have or my life expectancy?Im so confused and lost!My last visit was on the 28 th,of march and my doctor said everything was normal and my GFR is 70. Also he said since I'm African American my GFR puts me in stage 1-2 of CKD

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's easy to say don't worry as each person is individual, I have ckd stage 3, I was diagnosed about 16yrs ago, I was stage 3 at diagnosis and have remained there the entire time so far. I take medication to control blood pressure. My Gp only sees me once a year for blood tests and I don't see a urologist/nephrologist at all. My Gp says that the term chronic kidney disease is an unfortunate name given to something that is usually very easy to control and rarely gets worse, that doesn't mean it never does but more people remain the same than those that worsen. As long as your bp is normal and your fit and healthy there is no reason to expect it to worsen.
  • Posted

Thanks,louise I'm glad to hear you are doing well.God Bless you!I feel a little better knowing that CKD,can be controlled.I do have hope and faith that I can keep this controlled.
  • Posted

Please don't worry as I'm certain you have nothing at all to worry about. I too was diagnosed approx 14 years ago as my GFR was under 60. Most GPs wouldn't tell you about CKD unless you were under 60 so I'm guessing you're not from the UK! My CKD is stable and whilst my GFR once went to 39 it went back up after I stopped taking Iboprofen.

Just do what you are doing and you'll live to be 100 !!

Hugs x

• Posted

Thank-you Jan,I really do appreciate you writing back and sharing your experience about CKD,I feel I'll have a better understanding if I ask questions about my diagnosis.I will also have a piece of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.