GGT 65 and ALT 43

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my gall bladder removed a year ago after i had Pancreatitus a year and a half ago and my liver function tests have not been completely normal since...Back then my GGT was 108, then went down to 80 and is now down to 65...and my ALT is 43...i still dont really know why...would anyone be able to enlighten me...I have reduced my alcohol consumption greatly since then

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry can't give you a definitive answer but just to say sometimes lfts and gamma can be raised because of a simple thing like a cold.

Yours are not bad now mines down Rob108 or was LOL having another this Friday good luck.

Also a small amount of alcohol can raise it

• Posted

How did you get on with your results....I know you said a small amount of alcohol can raise it but I would imagine only if you drink day before blood test...I only drink about 7 units a week now...Does it definitely mean u have liver disease if these levels are up.
    • Posted

No definately not, I was discharged by hepatologist two weeks ago with higher readings than yours, he said it's going in the right direction and to see Dr and get it cjecked now and then to monitor it , I hate abnormal results sad
    • Posted

Yes but thats great news that he obviously happy with way your results are going so well done...do u mind me asking if you still drink alcohol...have u been told you have liver disease or just something they cannot explain because thats impression im getting from my hepatologist.
    • Posted

Drinking has never been something I enjoyed but until ten months ago I would have maybe two glasses of wine a month, since January nil alcohol as I was scared my liver was sick, now they know I don't drink and actually believe me when I said I don't and never have drunk.

They haven't given me a definitive answer as to what it could be but I think it is/was fatty liver and high cholesterol but having another test this Friday so we will see.

How's yours now.

• Posted

GGT 65 and ALT 43 were the most recent...im actually back to my consultant tomorrow so was bit anxious what he would say as levels still slightly up...although since last year they have continued to come down from GGT 108 and ALT 44..so you have reassured me to think he may discharge me as levels continually dropping and not too high...I also thought it meant i definitely have liver disease as levels slightly raised...Fatty liver is very reversible i believe...I agree though..its very annoying when results are abnormal and no definitive answer....are you feeling well now
    • Posted

I think I feel well but sometimes tired, I started exercising this year so wonder if that's something to take into account.

How do you feel

• Posted

I would definitely recommend exercise...i go to a gym 3 times a week and its definitely a factor in feeling good both mentally and physically...diet obviously too...the tiredness your feeling could just be related to being unfit...so give yourself time and continue with exercise and u should start to have more energy...My only thing is pain under right rib but i was told its muscular and nothing to do with liver...ill be happier after i see heptalogist tomorrow if he tells me he happy with my results...good luck with test on Friday..lets know how u get on
    • Posted

I do gym twice a week and swimming three times so consider my self reasonably fit already, I think tiredness is probably that I tend to be on the go all the time and with RA and UC which are both autoimmune diseases it's a tiring option LOL hope your heppy man discharges you let me know x
    • Posted

Hi..if u dont mind me asking what is RA and UC....Well i went heppy man and no he didnt discharge me...he said that he not happy that levels arent back to normal and ideally he would like me to give up alcohol...but when i said i was off alcohol for 5 months and GGT/ALT were still up he said oh maybe i have a bit of a fatty liver thing going on, so to be honest i dont think he knows what going on...I told him I never have any more than 7 units of alcohol now a week and he said basically agreed to differ on that one and come back in 6 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.