GGT and SGPT are high

Posted , 4 users are following.

My medical report shows GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE (GGT) and ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) values as 55.3 U/l and 57.8 U/l respectively.

Is it normal, how should I reduce GGT and SGPT values.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tony i had high SGPT and SGOT last year , SGOT become normal after taking Hepasil Of USANA as advised by our friend doctor here in the philippines

• Posted

Alcohol, prescription and over the counter medications and toxic exposures (workplace) are common causes of these moderate elevations.  Overweight individuals often have these modest elevations too.  These aren't a problem short term, but this is not something you want to live with long term.  

Hopefully one of these will ring a bell.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.