Ghost images-light problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello for 2 months now i see a slight ghost image especially when reading white letters on a black backround.I also watch light rays go up and down on lights. While wearing contact lenses with the right side of my eyes i watch up to 7 light rays on the light in the night but with glasses the lights are gone and i never seen them only when i am on the car.Ghost images are sometimes better sometimes worse. I have drye eyes and i alwayes have sticked to the upper sided of my eyes white little things caused by drye eyes and i can watch them when i look at the top especially at night but the doctor detected no serious drye eyes problems.

I go to an ophalmologist and one optometric, i did all the exams, even topography,test for macular degeneration he dileted my pupil and show in,i did field vision tests,the eye chart test,optic neure test.They say they found nothing on the tests and all seem normal but my vision is the same 2 months now.

i have -12 myopia and -10 and no astigmatism can someone help me cause i have no idea what to do if i have just to learn to live with it

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would start by using lubricating eye drops for your dry eyes, if they get really dry I would use a lubricating gel drop at night. This may help with some blurriness. As far as the other issues my first thought is perhaps they should be looking at prism to be added to your glasses. When they were checking your prescription(while they had you looking at the eye chart) they should have been able to check to see if prism would help. Many times it seems eye doctors overlook this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.