Ghosting text... feels like something is in my eye.. please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I am a 20 year old female. For the past year I've had a bout of visual disturbances including floaters, snow, afterimages, ect.

Recently new things have started. I have noticed when I look at text there seems to be a duplicate above it. (I posted an image for reference) I do have an asitgmatism and myopia, but this has never been an issue for me before. Could it randomly get worse?

Another thing I have noticed is at night it feels like there's mucus or something in my eye. I try to wipe it away but it does not help. Sometimes my vision blurs out as well. Can someone offer any help? I really want to see a doctor for this but I've already gone to one about 5 months ago and he said my eyes were fine and I can't afford to keep going. But the ghosting and mucus feeling is new. I am sort of scared of what this could be.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Possible dry eye. Google mgd and also Blepharitis. Can really affect your vision
    • Posted

Lots of time it causes filmy vision from the tear film being off,can distort vision.
    • Posted

Could be due to dry eyes. However have a second opinion from an Opthalmologist. Needless to say that one should be extra careful regarding eyes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.