GI cocktail

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was given a GI cockail in the E.R. yesterday. Does the GI cockatail still have Donnatal mixed in with the Maylox and Lidocain 

Yesterday i felt moody all day depressed, anxious and had trouble sleeping. 

The hospital told me they took the Donnatel out of the GI cocktail can anybody please inform me that its still in that GI drink because i feel like i am coming down from a high 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I would like to help if I can. I have not had a GI cocktail.  Do you mind sharing your symptoms. My GI problems include more problems with constipation instead of diarrhea. In my case, when I feel an episode coming on a dieters tea helps me. It calms my stomach. 
    • Posted

My bowls go both ways from diarrhea to constipation because i have hypothyroidism, i am in Menopause, i take metformin for diabetes, i take three blood pressure pills Losartan potassium, Amlodipine, Metropolol, Vitamin D3, Lorazepan, and Trazedone for sleep, then i am in menopause which does not help and i heard that menopause and medication does not go together. 

There are times i just want to stop all my meds and get my stomach back in order 

I feel like a lot of these meds have been worse on my stomach 

I just don't know what to do any more 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I finally realized that Amlodipine was causing me to have digestive problems. I stopped taking them for about a week and most of my digestive issues cleared up. Now my doctor has prescribed Losartan potassium as well.  Amlodipine side effects can sneak up on some patients over time. I was taking it for over 12 years. I should have realized it but I never dreamed it was causing aches in my chest, left arm, Upper & lower stomach discomfort.  It was so bad, I ended up in the hospital because my Doctors thought it was my heart. A heart cath was preformed and it was not my heart.  I have been off for over 2 months and I feel alive again. It was so scary. I should have figured it out sooner because early on I realized that I could not take Amlodipine on an empty stomach.  It would make me very sick.  I'm thankful for this site because there were so many who confirmed that it was a problem for them as well. I hope you can discuss other meds with your doctor. My cardiologist did not realize how much I needed to stop the Amlodipine so I discuss it with my primary care physician and she agreed to find some other BP med. I had no idea there were so many available. Is your BP so high that you have to take Amlodipine and Losartan?  I'm also on Indapamide. I take the Losartan at night and the Indapamide in the morning. I hope this info helps. 

• Posted

Elizabeth, other symptom Included tightness in chest, knot-like feelings in my upper and lower intestine and neck pain. The tightness really made me anxious because the symptoms were so much like a heart attack. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.