Giant cell arthritis post vaccine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

SECOND VACCINE 2 weeks ago, severe headaches for 10 days had esr test 63 CPR 20 docs not sure if possible gca on 20 mgs pred while more test done. had pmr for four years in 2015. anyone else experienced problems after covid vaccination?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You will find quite a lively discussion about covid vaccination on the HealthUnlocked website, the PMRGCAuk community.

• Posted

Quite a few people on this PMRGCAuk forum have reported flares:

https://healthunlocked.com/pmrgcauk

It is where most people from here have gravitated to since they made this forum cumbersome to use and don't tell us about new posts (or anything else ...)

• Posted

I took ill immediately after my first Astra Zeneca vaccine and was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Starting with 15mg/day of predisolone the symptoms were resolved after a few weeks. After 4 months and on 10mg/day I had the second dose and some less severe symptoms returned.

I have a friend who was diagnosed with PMR and Temporal Arteritis after first AZ dose. No reaction after second dose but was on much higher dose of predisolone for second dose.

• Posted

Do come and join us on the HU group - the link is in the post above

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.