Gilbert’s Syndrome: liver pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

After having bouts of feeling dizzy, nauseous, panicky and just not feeling quite right I was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome. This made sense as I had always noticed a slight yellowing of the eyes, especially when dehydrated. However, I also have noticed pain in the liver area which alternates between stabbing and aching. It catches me off guard and is overall disconcerting. I rarely drink.

Does anyone else with GS get pain/odd sensations in the liver? All other blood results were fine other than anaemia.

Many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

I am from Germany, female, 56 years old.

I am diagnosed before 20 years, there I was very yellow an they made an Gentest and it was posítiv, so I am an GS patient.

I suffered my whole life, I have much pains an colics in my Bowel, Gallbladder, Kidneys.

I suffered with muscle pain, I have Heart palpitations, i have fatique, I have psychotic periods with Brainfog, I have problems with my bowel, I have aches and stitching in my body, I feel thumb, I have depression periods, but also very anxiety, I have time I want only run away and times I can not walk right and I have tremors.

I have horrable migraine, with neurological symptpoms and very hard headaches, I am dizzy, I am foggy, its me often To cold, also in summer, I am sweating like a bull, nighT and day sometmes. I have allergies to penicillin and other Medi, I cant drink alcohol, no drop, I do not smoke....

I have much scans, MRT. X ray, Blood..... mostly ok or did not cause the symptoms....

The list is long, the symptoms are changing and I have good times.

But since weeks I am suffering with much pain in my liver and yellow skin and Eyes, Brainfog, Anxiety, Thumb feeling, Felling I must die, Blood scan ist ok, but it is so hard for me with the symptoms😥

Kim

• Posted

Hello. I am 19 years old male and I have Gilbert syndrome too. My bilirubin is in range 39-66. I had similar problems year ago. I took blood analysis for all vitamins and metals and they were low (default blood work was good). I effectively treater my depression-like symptoms with vitamin D (5000 UI for 21 day, and it took about 40 days for this vitamin to take full effect). I took too much and got depleted in Magnesium after i drank too much water. After i took vitamins b9 and b12 my headache and abdominal pain are gone. Right now my only problem is low copper levels. I feel cold too and sweat a lot. I solve this with food+40-80 g sugar+high intensity training during which i sweat a lot once a day/2 days (my pulse rises to 160-180, it is hard for a heart). After sweating my body temperature rises till the next day and i feel like im free of toxins. In order to be able to recover after this training i take Magnesium, Copper, Zinc (copper lowers zinc), Vitamins B complex. Without supplements it takes more than 2 days to recover. It is hard to avoid food with vitamin C (it lowers copper) so it takes me too long to rise copper. I can say that copper is very important and 6 months ago i was able to rise it and i felt very good, my hypothyroid syndromes gone for 2 days, but then i took vitamin C accidentally and bad symptoms manifested. From my experience if i drink too much plain water my Magnesium levels drop and my thyroid hurt. It can be fixed with Magnesium supplements 200-600 mg on empty stomach. And copper is needed to retain Magnesium in body. After i take high dose of vitamins C (especially in liquid form) i can develop diabetic symptoms (low copper) that can be reversed in few days with copper.

I wish you a good health. Do you think my story can be useful?

• Posted

Hi Kim,

I am sorry for everything you are experiencing. Please make sure you are getting enough sleep if you can. Magnesium at night can help with this and is said to help not only migraine sufferers (I get migraines with aura) but those with depression. Please speak to someone about your mental health if you're not already and get support. Know you have support here too.

The pain we get from GS is really curious to me. Does it cause the liver to enlarge? I wonder what provokes it.

• Posted

Hi

I am also suffering with liver pain at the moment, I have GS with Gentest confirmed.

I am disturbing with GS, so hard to live with this disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.